Novotel Canberra FAQ's
Q: What are the check in and check out times?
- Check-in Time: 14:00 ; Check-out Time: 11:00
- If you arrive at the hotel prior to the guaranteed check-in time, reception can store luggage until your room is available.
- If you require guaranteed early access to your room prior to the check-in time, the hotel requires a previous night’s accommodation rate payment to secure the room.
- The hotel’s daily room occupancy is from 14:00 – 11:00 (with the exception of Sundays where complimentary late checkout may be available, subject to availability). Please contact reception if a late departure is required.
- If you require a later departure time on your check-out date, either to make the most of the day or due to having a late flight – Novotel Canberra offers you the opportunity to utilise your room at an additional cost of $30 per hour after 12:00 noon, subject to availability (please contact Reception).
- 24 hour Reception
- 24 hour Concierge
- Daily housekeeping services
- Indoor swimming pool - Please note: to provide a better experience for our guests, the swimming pool, spa and sauna will be closed between 26 April and 30 May 2016 while the pool area is refurbished. The gym is still available for use by hotel guests between 6am and 10pm.
- Paperless check-in and express check-out is available
- Doctor on call
- Extra bed / rollaway available at an additional cost of $60.00 per night (subject to room capacity)
- 24 hour in-room dining service
- Fax / copy services available
- Credit cards accepted including AMEX, MasterCard, Diners, VISA, JCB, Bankcard
- Family policy - up to two children under 16 years of age can stay, free of charge when sharing a room with two adults, when using existing bedding. There will be an additional charge for a rollaway bed. Breakfast is included for two children up to 16 years in Novotel Hotels.
- Laundry service
- Luggage storage available
- Dedicated Non-Smoking Hotel
- Multilingual staff
- In-Balance fitness centre
- - Standard for $10.00 per 24hrs up to 3 devices
- - Premium for $15.00 per 24 hrs up to 3 devices
- Key card operating door locks
- Alarm clock radio
- In-Room Mini Bar
- Bathroom amenities: body soap, hair shampoo, hair conditioner
- Private bathroom facilities
- Internet access (fee applies)
- Daily housekeeping services
- Power adaptors available on request.
- Self closing lock
- Shaving outlet
- In-room safe
- Smoke detector
- Iron / board
- Sprinkler system
- Telephone local and international calls
- Tea/coffee making facilities
Q: What facilities are available at Novotel Canberra?
Q: Do you have a car park and how much does it cost?
Yes. Subject to availability, undercover car parking is available for in-house guests only at $25.00 per car per day. Due to the limited number of car park spaces at Novotel Canberra we are unfortunately unable to guarantee or reserve parking.
Q: What are the internet access prices?
If you are a Le Club Silver, Gold and Platinum members, we are pleased to offer complimentary internet access on presentation of your card.
Internet access within the Hotel is delivered at a speed of 512KB per second.
Internet can be purchased at:
Please contact Reception for a code to access the internet. The 24 hour time period is consecutive, starting from the moment terms and conditions are accepted.
Complimentary wireless access for 30 minutes per guest once every 24 hours is available on the ground floor or One Bar on level one. The download limit for this complimentary internet access is 8MB.
Internet access is also available via the Mac Corner located on the ground floor, adjacent to Reception. The Mac Corner computers are complimentary, however, time limits may apply. Please see Reception for more information or if you wish to use a computer.
Q: How far are you to the nearest Train Station?
Novotel Canberra is only a short drive Canberra Train Station which is located in the nearby suburb of Kingston.
Q: Do you have a pool?
Yes. Novotel Canberra’s indoor pool is located on the 2nd floor and opening hours are from 06:00 – 22:00.
The pool is 12 metres long with clear depth markings and is heated during the colder seasons for your convenience. Other facilities located on this floor include a gym with air-conditioning and a sauna.
Please note: to provide a better experience for our guests, the swimming pool, spa and sauna will be closed between 26 April and 30 May 2016 while the pool area is refurbished. The gym is still available for use by hotel guests between 6am and 10pm.
Q: What transfers are available from the airport?
Taxis cost approximately $25 from the Canberra Airport terminal to Novotel Canberra. Taxis can also be booked through our concierge team.
Q: What is your toll free phone number?
We do not have a toll free number however please feel free to phone 61 2 6245 5000 or contact us online.
Q: What other room facilities do you have?
Q: Is there a kitchen / microwave in the rooms?
The Executive Apartments have a kitchenette that includes a microwave, toaster and stove top.
Q: Do we have a minibar in the room?
In-room minibar is available in all guest rooms.
Q: Do you have apartments?
Yes, we have Executive Apartments that have a separate bedroom and a living space that includes a table and chairs and kitchenette.
Q: Do you have accessible rooms for people with a disability?
Yes, we do have accessible rooms. Please contact the hotel directly for further details. Unfortunately the hotel cannot accommodate hoists.
Q: Are there smoking floors available?
No - Novotel Canberra is a dedicated non-smoking hotel.
Q: Are there babysitting services available?
Babysitting services can be provided by a local company called Dial an Angel. For further enquiries and rates, please contact Concierge at +612 6245 5000 or Dial an Angel directly on +612 6282 7733.
Q: Where can we search for more information on Canberra's local attractions?
Our knowledgeable concierge team is located on the ground floor and will be able to provide you with information of all the local attractions Canberra has to offer. See www.visitcanberra.com.au for information on events and activities in Canberra and the region.
Q: Where is the nearest theatre for live performances and shows?
Canberra Theatre is conveniently located approximately a 10 minute walk from Novotel Canberra.
To check out what performances and shows are currently showing, we recommend guests to visit www.canberratheatre.com.au or for more information, please contact our Concierge team.
Q: What activities or attractions are available for my children?
There are numerous options for children of all ages near Novotel Canberra, including Questacon, Australian Institute of Sport and Cockington Green. For more information, please contact Concierge.
Q: What are the best ways to get around town and surrounds?
Novotel Canberra’s prime location with the many forms of public transport right at the hotel’s doorstep is an ideal way to visit the sights of Canberra. The best way to get around the city will also depend on the duration of your stay in Canberra and how often you will utilize the public transport; the most common activities are conducted by day tour companies that offer trips throughout Canberra and its surrounds.
Q: Nearest supermarket or shopping centre?
There is a convenience store located in the Jolimont Centre beneath the hotel.
Canberra Centre is the closest major shopping centre and is located a short walk from the hotel.
The closest major supermarket is Supa Barn which is located on the Ground Floor of the Canberra Centre.
For precise directions please speak to our friendly Reception Staff on arrival.
Q: We need a car, where can we organize car rental?
There is a Europcar office at Novotel Canberra.
Visit www.Europcar.com.au for more information or consult the hotel’s concierge for other options.
Q: Where are the best areas for dining or recommended restaurants?
There are many areas to dine in and around Canberra, depending on what you are looking for and the kind of atmosphere you prefer. Most popular dining spots are: Civic, Kingston and Manuka.
A street full of best café and restaurants covering many different cuisines are available in these areas mentioned, ready to serve you with the best chef’s recommended meals each day. Take a walk and you will find yourself the best restaurants of the day that suits exactly what you need for the day/night.
We recommend you visit www.outincanberra.com.au
Q: If arriving earlier than check in time, or departing late, is there anywhere we can store our luggage?
Certainly, concierge can store guest luggage on arrival if rooms are not available. They can also store luggage after check out for the remainder of that day. Long term luggage storage is available on the condition that there is a future reservation in place.